Only In Israel

Sunday, May 18, 2003

Selective Outrage

First of all I want to appologize to my readers for not updating this blog often in the last 2 days, I was promoted at work (yey! to me) and don't have as much time as I used to.
Now to the actual topic. A muslim group protests X2's (Xmen sequel) protraying the villain as a muslim.


LOS ANGELES, 9 May 2003 — A US Islamic group on Wednesday demanded an apology from the director of new comicbook movie “X2: X-Men United” for portraying the bad guy in the blockbuster as a Muslim.

Project Islamic HOPE, a Los Angeles-based Muslim civil rights group, said Jewish director Bryan Singer shot a close-up of the film’s villain wearing a ring with, “Allah,” the Arabic name for God inscribed on it.

He accused Singer of “engaging in a subtle campaign to breed intolerance and hate and demanded an apology from the director and asked its producers, the 20th Century Fox movie studios, to cut the scene when is released on DVD.


Oh wow. That damn jewish director... No wonder they all complain about us owning the media.
Anyhow, I thought it would be usefull to point out, that the evil guy in X-men 1 (Dr. Magnito, corerct me if I got the name wrong), was a Jew. Not just a Jew, but the opening scene of X-men 1 begins in the Warsaw ghetto where the bad guy bends the metal gate to try and reach his parents who are taken away by nazis. Where was "Islamic Hope" then?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home