Only In Israel

Saturday, June 14, 2003

Democrats criticize Bush

Usualy I don't get into the internal American debate of democrats versus republicans, mostly because (please don't stone me now) I see no actual difference between the two. Almost the same positions represented by different people. neither party can be described as anything other than centrist. Anyhow, the Democrats and their senators have criticized Bush over his comments regarding the targeted killing attempt of the slimeball Rantissi.


WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Thirty-four Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives, including the two senior Democrats, complained to President Bush on Friday about his criticism of an Israeli assassination attempt.
"We were deeply dismayed to hear your criticism of Israel for fighting acts of terror. The attack on Hamas leader Abdel Rantissi was clearly justified as an application of Israel's right to self-defense," they said in a letter.


Is Israel still a bi-lateral issue? I was kinda confident it's becoming a party issue, but now I think I was proven wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home