Only In Israel

Saturday, July 05, 2003

EUroweenies fight over Berlusconi

Well, here's one of the more hilarious media moments I missed during my vacation in Eilat. Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has called an extreme-leftist EU parliament member from germany a "kapo".
Naturaly, the Germans got all whooped up, which is quite unclear to me, since last time I checked it was a GERMAN minister who compared bush to hitler. Anyhow, Schroeder claimed Berlusconi apologized to him, which doesn't seem all that true:


"I did not make an apology. I spoke of my sadness over a comment that was interpreted badly, but it was only intended as an ironic comment," Berlusconi told a news conference in Rome after a meeting with the EU's executive Commission.

"I'm sorry if this offended the sensitivity of someone, but sensitivity cannot be a one-way street," he added, standing alongside European Commission President Romano Prodi, who was stony-faced and said nothing about the row.


Oh yes, that EVIL Berlusconi, how DARES he make humorous comments at people who call him "the godfather" and "mafiozo".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home