Only In Israel

Saturday, May 06, 2006

The break is over

I can't really explain what it is that kept me from updating the blog. Everytime I returned home from the army, I felt that everything I wanted to say was already discussed.
One another thing I have experienced for the first time in quite a few years is complete dissatisfaction with my government. Olmert (and I do love this guy), completely gave in to the Ultra Orthodox Shas party, which basically returns Israel quite a few years in time, to where the silent majority of people who have jobs and do military service is downtrodden by those who only take and do not give. But hey, this is democracy, you can't be satisfied all the time.

2 Comments:

  • I am always glad to see that you have returned(just NOT thrilled that the minute you get back ISMer pops up).Living in a Democracy does mean taking the good with the bad,but the alternative is not worth thinking about..Welcome Home...

    By Blogger Grandma, at 4:23 PM, May 07, 2006  

  • Welcome back! Democracy does mean taking the good with the bad, which is the connundrum behind seeing Hamas elected.

    By Blogger Jason Lomberg, at 9:08 PM, May 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home